Employers and Youth Jobs PaTH
Youth Jobs PaTH is a flexible approach to youth employment. Employers are encouraged to host internship placements, and receive employer incentives when they take on a young person to see if that person is a good fit for their business. Youth Jobs PaTH has three elements: Prepare – Trial – Hire.
Internship placements help your business find the right person for the job
- Employers can host an internship placement for between 4 and 12 weeks.
- An internship can help employers find out if a young person is the right fit for their business.
- Employers receive a payment of $1000 to help with the costs of hosting an intern, and the intern is covered by insurance purchased by the Australian Government.
- Interns are unpaid by the employer’s business but receives a fortnightly Government-paid incentive on top of their income support payment for the duration of the internship.
Wage subsidy and eligibility criteria
Employers may be eligible for a wage subsidy up to $10,000 when hiring a job seeker aged 15-24, or up to $6,500 when hiring someone aged 25-29.
To be eligible, the job seeker must have received employment services for six months or more, and be working an average of 20 hours per week in an ongoing position.
Take this opportunity to be part of up-skilling Australia’s youth and assist in lowering the current rise in youth unemployment rates.
Job Seekers and Youth Jobs PaTH
Youth Jobs PaTH is a flexible approach to youth employment, designed to support young people to gain the skills and work experience they need to get and keep a job. Youth Jobs PaTH has three elements: Prepare – Trial – Hire.
Internships help demonstrate skills and business fit
- We help job seekers aged 17-24 gain work experience via internship placements of 4 to 12 weeks long.
- An internship gives job seekers the opportunity to demonstrate skills and business fit to employers.
- Job seekers will receive an extra $200 a fortnight on top of income support payment for the duration of the internship.
- WISE Employment can assist you with required work related and ongoing costs which may include transportation, work related clothing or uniform, training, industry specific licenses, job specific tools or equipment.
- Your internship could lead to paid employment.
Employability Skills Training improves your chances of landing that job
- Employability Skills Training improves the chances of finding a job for job seekers 15-24 years old.
- It identifies and improves job seekers’ employability skills and develop interview and job application skills.
- Experience different career paths that match your interests.
For more information, contact WISE Employment on 1800 685 105