WISE Employment may be able to assist your staff who could be at risk of losing their job due to an illness, injury or disability through the cost-free Work Assists (previously called Job in Jeopardy) program.
What is Work Assist?
The Work Assist program can help your staff who are ill, injured or have a disability to remain in work and keep their jobs. The service is free for employees and employers as it’s funded by the Federal Government’s Disability Employment Services (DES) program, and accessed through WISE Employment.
Work Assist assistance may include:
- advice about re-designing an employee’s job so they can keep working
- a workplace assessment to see how it can be changed to promote a supportive working environment
- specialised equipment to help staff do their job
You may be eligible for assistance under Work Assist if you:
- have worked an average of at least 8 hours a week over the last 13 weeks
- are at risk of losing your job because of your illness, injury or disability, and
- aren’t already getting assistance from a Disability Employment Services provider
Employees/workers helped by Work Assist do NOT need to:
- be receiving a payment from the Department of Human Services / Centrelink
- have an Employment Service Assessment completed by the Department of Human Services / Centrelink
- have a medical certificate
Work Assist benefits to employers include:
- maintaining staff and business productivity
- retaining skilled and knowledgeable staff
- offering support to your staff who face barriers in maintaining a job
- creating a disability-friendly workplace
- WISE Employment provides up to 12 months of specialist employment support to assist your staff in maintaining their job
- we can help you to access other government employment assistance
*Please note that eligibility requirements apply.
Contact WISE Employment for more information about Work Assist
To find out more about Work Assist or to refer someone in need of employment assistance, please contact your nearest WISE Disability Employment Services (DES) office, or free-call WISE Employment: 1800 685 105. Our employer liaison team can help you access information to help you meet legal requirements around disability employment and disability in the workplace, to help keep at-risk employees in work, and maintain your business productivity.