How WISE jobactive services can help you find employment
Looking for work and not eligible for Disability Employment Services (DES)? WISE can help you find meaningful, long-term employment via our jobactive services. See below to find out more about these services, what WISE can offer you, our locations and how to get started as a WISE customer.
What are jobactive employment services?
The jobactive program is a Government initiative to help more Australians find work by providing eligible job seekers with the individual support they need to up-skill, prepare and stay in employment. WISE Employment currently offers jobactive services in various locations across New South Wales, the Northern Territory and Victoria.
Am I eligible for jobactive?
You might be eligible for jobactive services if you are:
- Unemployed for either a short or long period
- Have been made redundant from your role
- Currently on Centrelink payments including JobSeeker
- An Indigenous person, an asylum seeker or a refugee
- Returning to work after caring for your family
If you are unsure about your eligibility, you can reach out to your local WISE jobactive office via phone or email here.
What employment support can WISE provide me?
Our friendly team have been helping people find and maintain work for nearly 30 years. We understand everyone is unique and will require support in different ways. WISE services are tailored and flexible to accommodate your individual needs.
For example, WISE can support you by:
- Getting to know you, your goals, circumstances and unique skills
- Creating a tailored job plan to suit your induvial needs
- Assisting you with your cover letter and resume writing to ensure your application stands out
- Helping you prepare for interviews
- Talking to employers on your behalf
- Providing advice on the labour market in your area
- Helping you gain additional skills and experience to assist you on your job search
- Helping you to meet your mutual obligations
- Connecting you with relevant community groups and organisations
- Providing ongoing support in your new role when needed
How do I sign up for jobactive?
To sign up for jobactive services, you will first need to get in touch with Centrelink to determine your eligibility for the program. You can do this via your myGov account by following these steps:
- Logging into your myGov account and clicking on ‘Services’ located along the top of your screen.
- Next, select Australian JobSearch under ‘Link a service’
- You will be directed to the jobactive website where you will be asked some questions to determine your eligibility
- Once approved, jobactive services will appear in your myGov account
- From here you can contact Centrelink and ask to have WISE as your chosen service provider
Can I change my jobactive provider?
Already registered with Centrelink? You can ask them to register you with WISE Employment as your chosen service provider.
If you are already with a jobactive provider, you can still transfer to your local WISE office. Call the National Customer Service Line during business hours on 1300 854 414 and request a transfer to WISE Employment.
Alternatively, you can get in touch with your local WISE office who will take you through these processes step by step.
Find your local WISE office here.
See more about our jobactive programs here.
Stay up to date with the latest WISE Employment news and information.