Jobs Victoria is an employment initiative providing Victorians who may face job challenges, with personalised work support, expert jobs information, job advice and referrals; ultimately connecting job seekers with inclusive employment in meaningful roles.
As part of the program, the WISE team will provide you with expert jobs advice, access to training and provide work support to help you find employment that is right for you. We will connect you with local employers in your chosen field and help you through every step of the employment journey.
- Provide personalised job coaching and support to help you reach your employment goals
- Help design a detailed career plan or job plan
- Update your resume and assist with cover letters to secure the job that you want
- Help you prepare for job interviews so you feel confident speaking to employers
- Promote and connect you to inclusive employers
- Help you find and enrol in training, apprenticeships and further education to open doors to other career positions
- Assist and coach you through applying for roles
- Continue to provide ongoing support once you start your new role with our post-placement support services
- Work in a collaborative partnership with your existing jobactive service provider if you have one
Mental Health Specialists
WISE also offers access to the Jobs Victoria specialist mental health jobs program. If you have a mental health condition such as anxiety, depression, bipolar or schizophrenia you may be eligible for these specialist services. Run by our experienced WISE Ways to Work team, this program gives you access to tailored support services, offering both group and individual support to help prepare you for the world of work and support you on your job-seeking journey.
We do this by assisting you to manage your health and build key skills for work, including concentration, planning and communication at work. The WISE Ways to Work team of Vocational Coaches and Occupational Therapists also builds the mental health literacy of employers and works with you to find the right job with on and off-site support provided as required.
If you’d like to find out more about the specialist mental health jobs program, and see if it’s the right fit for you, please email email@example.com and one of the team will be in touch for a chat.
Am I eligible for Jobs Victoria?
We’re able to help you if you face any of these challenges:
- Education level
- Lacking in post-school qualifications
- Lacking in hours of work experience
- Low English language and literacy skills
- Low digital literacy level
- Low experience with job search techniques/processes
- Limited social and professional networks that can assist job seeking
- Personal circumstances including living situation, illness, disability and more
- Low confidence and self-esteem
Jobs Victoria is available to Victorian residents who:
- Are an Australian citizen, permanent resident or temporary resident under Australia’s refugee and humanitarian program and hold a visa with the right to work, and
- Have been unemployed for at least six months, or are at risk of long-term unemployment due to employment barriers, and
- lack adequate job and employment support through other services
To access the specialist mental health program, you need to meet the above criteria, as well as:
- Have a mental health condition
- Be able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week