Raising young children is a very important role. Combining parenting and preparing for work can be a challenge.
ParentsNext helps you plan and prepare for work by the time your children are at school. In Burnie, WISE Employment has partnered with Youth, Family and Community Connections (YFCC) to bring ParentsNext to eligible families. We offer you a friendly, tailored service to help you plan a pathway to your education and work goals.
How can ParentsNext help you?
ParentsNext assists you to plan and prepare for work by the time your youngest child goes to school.
ParentsNext will support you to:
- identify your education and employment goals
- develop a pathway to achieve your goals
- combine preparing for work with your parenting responsibilities
- access services in the local community
If needed, ParentsNext Projects also helps you to:
- increase your educational qualifications
- identify and address barriers to employment
- develop the practical skills needed to get a job
- find out about child care fee assistance
Are you eligible for ParentsNext?
You may be eligible for ParentsNext if you live in Burnie, have not been in paid employment in the last six months, and your youngest child is under six years old.
Contact ParentsNext at WISE Employment Burnie:
- Contact Kim Strachan at WISE Employment Burnie: phone 6430 8800, or email WISE Employment Burnie about ParentsNext.
- Contact Suzie Brooke, YFCC ParentsNext Key Worker: phone 6431 9552