jobactive is the Australian Government’s way to get more Australians into work. It connects job seekers with employers. We provide jobactive employment services in New South Wales, Northern Territory and Victoria. Please read more about jobactive for employers and jobactive for job seekers below.
jobactive for Employers
Your WISE jobactive Account Manager will work with you to understand your business and the role requirements. Based on your needs, they will screen applicants and match suitable candidates with skills and knowledge relevant to your business.
- Arrange interviews
- Provide two reference checks for your preferred candidates
- Conduct police checks and working with children checks
- Help you hire the successful candidate and provide advice on induction programs, mentoring and workplace equipment modifications
- Access government-funded wage subsidies (eligibility requirements apply)
- Deliver industry specific training to job-ready recruits
- Provide on-site support and training to help your new employee settle in.
- Access to a Fairwork Advice hotline for a free one-off consultation with workplace relations lawyers
- Invitations to attend Occupational Health and Safety briefings
- News and information about government-funded incentives including wage subsides, staff training and work force management tips through a quarterly e-newsletter
- Invitations to participate in regional Job Expos connecting local employers with local candidates
- Support for employers to recruit staff from diverse backgrounds, including people with disability, mental health issues, Indigenous, recent arrivals, stay at home parents and mature-age workers.
Please read more about our free recruitment services to employers.
jobactive for Job Seekers
Our jobactive team can help you find and keep a job. Take control of your job search with our practical employment assistance and advice, regardless of your background or circumstances. You may:
- Have been unemployed for a short or a long time
- Have worked for years then been retrenched
- Never have worked due to disability or illness
- Be returning to work after caring for family
- Be an Indigenous person, an asylum seeker or refugee
Let’s get started
Through jobactive, you can access government-funded job search assistance, local job opportunity information and advice on training, language, literacy and work experience.
You may be eligible for employment assistance by WISE Employment under jobactive if you live in NSW, VIC or NT, you don’t identify as having a disability/injury/health condition, and you are looking for work.
If you are already registered with Centrelink, but you’re not yet registered with an employment services provider, you can ask Centrelink to direct you to WISE Employment as your first choice jobactive employment services provider.
If you’re not yet registered with Centrelink, please register with them first. You can then ask Centrelink to be referred to WISE Employment.
Once Centrelink has referred you to WISE Employment, please register as a WISE job seeker by calling/visiting in person your nearest WISE jobactive office.
Plan your job search
What are your strengths? Where do you need help?
We can talk to you about your skills and interests and help you plan the best way to secure a job.
Looking for a job
Depending on your requirements, we can offer you as little or as much help to look for a job, including:
- Tools and tips to help you search for a job
- Help to prepare your resume
- Advice about the local labour market
- Access to self-help tools and resources including online job search databases with instant job vacancies
- Referrals for suitable local, regional or national employment vacancies, based on your skills
- Help to create a personal email account on a free web-based service and provide information about cyber safety to protect your personal information online
- If you need additional help, we can tailor our services and support to include skills training, language and literacy, work experience or access to other services.
Getting on with the job
Our services and support continue after you start your new job to ensure long-term success in your new role. We will stay in touch with you and your employer after you start work to make sure that your job is going well. If issues arise we can help solve them and organise extra training or special equipment if you need it.
Please read more about our employment assistance to job seekers.