GradWISE: graduates with disability
Who can join GradWISE?
If you are a full or part-time student or graduate, on campus or online, and identify as living with a disability, mental or physical illness or injury, then you might be eligible for our services!
You may be eligible for GradWISE if you are:
- an Australian permanent resident or citizen in VIC, NSW, QLD, SA, NT, ACT or TAS
- in your penultimate or final year of University/TAFE study, or have graduated within the last two years
- not a full-time student
- not working full-time
- identify as living with a disability, mental or physical illness or injury
The program is open to you, no matter what course of study you are pursuing.
How can GradWISE help with graduate jobs?
Explore graduate jobs, inclusive employers and graduate career advice on our GradWISE Career directory:
Our dedicated team get to know you, your strengths, your aspirations, your challenges and you’ll get to know you even better! We’ll meet with you and chat about your long term employment and career goals to work out the best way GradWISE can support you with graduate jobs.
The program can be split into four key components:
- Key assessments and profiles
- Coaching and development road map
- Job placement and support
- GradWISE Alumni
During stage one, we will work with you to assess your strengths and possible areas of development, as well as creating a unique profile to understand the types of work best suited to you, and your qualifications.
We work alongside you to create a coaching and development road map which might include things like part time, casual or temporary work, internships, mentoring programs or extracurricular involvement such as Volunteering, Micro-credentialing or learning/mastering a second language are all options designed to make you even more competitive in your study to work transition.
We will help you search for, interview and land your dream graduate role. We also support both you and your new employer through any training, workplace modifications and ongoing support requirements within your new workplace.
We continue to provide support for as long as you need, tracking milestones and helping you stay on your chosen career path.
How would graduates’ first six months at GradWISE look?
- Initial meeting: Introduction to the GradWISE program and meeting your GradWISE career consultant.
- Employability audit: Creating an individually tailored plan to allow you to map your dream in reverse. Within this audit, your career consultant will help you create a competitive CV and start to map your road to success.
- GradWISE masterclass: Monthly GradWISE masterclasses introduce you to industry experts, the graduate jobs application process, interview techniques and a range of different topics to help you on your employment journey.
- GradWISE live: Creating a safe space and community to build social safety where you can share collective experiences and feel supported.
- Peer support: Connecting you with former GradWISE members who have completed the program and have been in employment for 6-12+ months.
- Neurozone coaching: Brain and body optimisation coaching working on the 10 foundational drivers to help you thrive within every aspect of life.
- Mentorship: Linking you with a mentor within your desired field to help navigate the workplace.
- Internship: Linking you into supported workplace environments to ensure you have the skill set, confidence and knowledge to be able to thrive within the work environment.
- Shadow day: Introducing you to supportive employers to obtain different workplace experiences and build your CV and knowledge of different industries.
- Graduate application: Graduate applications are open every six months – by this stage you will have the confidence, experience and exposure to industry to be able to excel in the application process.