WISE’s Jobs Victoria Mentors provide personalised employment services
WISE Employment is proud to deliver the Jobs Victoria Mentors service. The initiative provides Victorians, who may face employment challenges, with personalised support, expert information, advice and referrals; connecting job seekers with inclusive employment in meaningful roles.
Who is eligible?
Jobs Victoria Mentors are available to Victorian residents who:
- Are an Australian citizen, permanent resident or temporary resident under Australia’s refugee and humanitarian program and holds a visa with the right to work,
- Have been unemployed for at least six months, or is at risk of long-term unemployment due to employment barriers, and
- lack adequate support through other services
Some challenges include, but are not limited to:
- Education level
- Post-school qualifications
- Hours of work experience
- English language and literacy skills
- Digital literacy level
- Low experience with job search techniques/processes
- Limited social and professional networks that can assist job seeking
- Personal circumstances including living situation, illness, disability and more
- Low confidence and self-esteem
Our team is here to help you determine your eligibility for the program. Please reach out if you have any questions.
How will the Mentors assist me?
The Jobs Victoria Mentors provide you with expert advice, training and support, so you find employment that’s right for you. They will connect you with local employers and assist you through every step of the employment journey.
Our Jobs Victoria Mentors can:
- Work in a collaborative partnership with your service provider
- Provide personalised support to help you reach your employment goals
- Help design a detailed career plan
- Update your resume and assist with cover letters to secure the job that you want
- Help you prepare for interviews so you feel confident speaking to employers
- Promote and connect you to inclusive employers
- Help you find and enroll in training, apprenticeships and further education to open doors to other positions
- Assist and show you how to apply for jobs
- Provide in-depth support whilst working through our post placement support services
Where is WISE running the program?
Our Jobs Victoria Mentors are located around Melbourne’s western, northern and inner southeast suburbs. Reach out to our team to find an office near you.
For more information on the Jobs Victoria Mentor program and to register your interest, please email JobsVic@wiseemployment.com.au.