COVID-19 / coronavirus information for WISE Employment job seekers
If you are feeling unwell or display any of the symptoms of Coronavirus then please do not attend your WISE office. Make a phone call to your consultant or the office to discuss how your service with WISE will continue and also talk to Centrelink over the phone. The government are making special provisions for this period so that your payments will not be affected.
WISE Employment is closely monitoring the Coronavirus situation
Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been increasing in Australia, and at WISE we are keen to make sure that your services with us are safe and convenient during this period. We are following government directions on keeping healthy and providing our services for you and there are a few things that will help.
What WISE is doing to help
- WISE is prepared for the different scenarios that could arise. Our staff are familiar with the correct practice for good virus protection and the rules around isolating high risk people.
- WISE is supporting any staff or clients who show any symptoms or have been in near contact with someone diagnosed with Coronavirus or have recently returned from a foreign location stay away for 14 days without any symptoms of infection
- WISE staff have been set up to work from multiple locations so if a site is closed you will be informed and you can continue your full service and supports over the phone or at an alternate site
- WISE has taken extra precautions to keep the office clean and hygienic as far as possible with new cleaning schedules and processes
- WISE is restricting travel for staff and enforcing self-isolation for those returning from overseas
What you can do to help
- Please do not attend the office if you show any symptoms, have been in near contact with someone diagnosed with Coronavirus or have recently returned from a foreign location. If you cannot attend for any of these reasons you must self-isolate at home for 14 days.
- If you are self-isolating and cannot attend an office you can make contact with your consultant and with Centrelink to be granted an exemption so that payments are not stopped.
- For Newstart Allowance, JobSeeker Payment and Special Benefit recipients can call 132 850
- Youth Allowance recipients can call 132 490
- Parenting Payment recipients with mutual obligation requirements can call 136 150
Please maintain good hygiene and help to keep our offices safe and virus free for fellow clients and WISE employees
Considering all of the above please continue to attend appointments and activities in the usual way – although some group activities may be rescheduled.
These are the three things that everyone should be doing to prevent the spread of Coronavirus
- Wash your hands often with soap and water
- Cover your mouth with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze and dispose of the tissue immediately
- Avoid touching your face
Face masks are not necessary unless you are attending a medical facility because you think you may have the virus or you are working in a medical facility.
Your Government Obligations
The government has issued some guidelines for employment services participants and the government is keen to make sure payments are not interrupted. These arrangements are coming into place according to the services that you require but if you contact Centrelink and your consultant they will be able to see what special provisions are in place for you.
We encourage you to get current updates on coronavirus from the Australian Government.
Please take care
Keep up the personal hygiene, seek medical advice if you’re feeling unwell, stay calm and carry on! Your well-being is top of mind for us and you have our support as listed above.